Mango Sushi rolls? Yes, they exist! 🥭
It’s mango season in Nigeria, and if you’re like us tired of making juices, smoothies and salsas over and over again because you love mangoes as we do, then mango rolls is what you’d want to try making this weekend.
Today, we are sharing one of the easiest recipes we found on the internetby howtodaily.com
Mango Sushi Roll Recipe
- 1 ripe mango
- 4 Shrimps
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 cups of cooked and seasoned rice (or sushi rice)
- 2 Nori (nori is also called seaweed and it's the dark wrapper used in wrapping sushi rice)
- Prepare the shrimp by seasoning and sauteening it on a heated skillet.
- Cut avocado into long strips.
- Roll avocado strips and shrimps with rice and nori using uramaki style. See this guide for instruction on how to roll an inside out uramaki roll if you don’t know how.
- Use a mandoline, peeler or sharp knife to slice mango into thin, long slices.
- Have two plastic wrap (the size of a rolling mat) ready on flat surface.
- Arrange mango slice onto plastic wrap to fill a rectangular area of about 7″ x 2″.
- Place inside-out sushi roll directly on top of mango slices.
- Now roll while lifting plastic wrap to cover, you rolls should now have a nice layer of mango cover all over.
- Keep the plastic on until cutting for better shape, repeat for the next roll.
- When you’re ready to serve, use a sharp knife to cut, then gently unrolled each piece out of plastic wrap.
- Optional: Drizzle some mango sauce and serve immediately.